Friday 28 March 2014

Carthage - The Roman Holocaust




I'm not very comfortable using the holocaust word in a post title, as it props up a terrible lie with a grain of truth in it.

However, that's the name of this BBC documentary on Carthage which like Germany was destroyed and subject to barbaric mythologising through, in this case, Roman propaganda merchants like Virgil.

I've already stated that the numbers for Jews killed in prison camps is grossly exaggerated but there's the gas chamber mythology that needs to be nailed and snuffed out, despite the shrill calumny it will earn me.

I have to do it however or I wont be able to live with myself.

Great atrocities are committed by all sides during war but make no mistake the winners are by no means the greatest people to write history.

If anything the reverse is true.